
My kids love sleepover at Grandma's house. It's a big highlight when they get to do it. But my mom isn't always available for such things so I decided to make my kids happy and we had a sleepover here with their cousins. Well, Zac went to my brother's house and slept there with the older 2 boy cousins and the rest came to our house. It really wasn't that crazy and they had a lot of fun. We went and rented a redbox movie and I even took all 5 kids to Walmart with me to get it and do a little shopping. That wasn't that bad either. We frosted cupcakes and ate them


and then they got in their pajamas and in their sleeping bags and watched the movie. Their selection for the evening was Dr. Dolittle: Tail to the Chief. Not the greatest movie but it didn't have a villain in it and little Alex can't handle villains. It kept them entertained though. After that the challenge was getting them to sleep. Some wanted to keep others awake and others were exhausted. But finally they were all asleep and I didn't hear a thing until 7:15 when I could hear the rustle of the Froot Loops cereal box. We had blueberry pancakes with bananas and special whip cream for breakfast. Then we did all the girls hair and tried to clean up. Fun was had by all and grandma didn't have to do a thing.
6 comments:
Thanks again for the sleepover! The kids had a great time. Scott asked Alex this morning if he likes sleeping in his bed or at Angie's better and he said he likes Angie's better. Now that you've done it once, you'll have to keep it up! I suppose I might have to try it sometime, too. We'll see!
You are a great mom and very nice aunt. That sounds like a lot of fun and lots of work too!
HOLD ON JUST A SECOND!!! Are you trying to one up my pool party that I had with the kids?!?!? That's it! I am taking this credit card I got in the mail and flying them all to Disneyland. Then let's see if you can beat that!
...you and your blueberry pancakes...grumble grumble
Wow! You're a brave woman....but really, though, that sounds like a blast! Sleepovers are so much fun, despite the trick of getting them to all fall asleep. They eventually do it due to sheer exhaustion if nothing else. What a great idea!
ok so i am VERY VERY VERY VERY impressed. And you even went to a store too! You inspire me!!
you are very brave! what a good aunt-- i'm sure your mom appreciated it, too.
Post a Comment