We had a nice Christmas. Tom's parents came to town for the holiday and that made it extra fun for the kids. Santa arrived safe and sound with plenty of things to put smiles on faces.
Carter wasn't too into Christmas and after awhile started hitting the presents when we wanted him to open them. His highlight was getting socks in his stocking.
After recovering from the holiday we're now just trying to endure the cold and yuckiness. Carter is bumping his head anytime he gets and has had some massive battle wounds. First he tripped and hit the banister of our stairs with his eye.
And as soon as that healed up this past week he somehow knocked over my parent's piano bench and landed on it with his face (yet no one knows what really happened since there's only a 3 year old witness).

This picture doesn't really do it justice as it's the worst bump and bruise I think any of our children has ever had. It was a traumatizing experience for me as a mom because we I first found him the two places where he hit were so big, bulging, and blue that he looked deformed and I thought he had cracked his skull open or something. But now it's just a pretty bruise and he's alive.
Carter is a bit of trouble but so sweet too. Carter loves loves loves books especially ones with baby faces in it. A couple weeks ago I picked up a book and discovered he could read it all by himself by just looking at the pictures. So sweet!(just tilt your head to the left as I can't get it straight)
4 comments:
So glad you had a good Christmas. And no fun for battle wounds. I hate it when they get hurt. Yikes! Carter is so stinkin' cute in that video! They are growing up too fast.
Holy bonk! I have two boys--I'm all too familiar with the wounds of bonking :)
Thank you for coming by and commenting on my post for Tuesday. It means so much
Peace to you and yours,
Heather
Hey if you get sick of your corner, you can come sit with me in mine. Carter is going to look back at all of these pics and think he was picked on.
Looks like a fun Christmas.. & I agree I would rather come out when its warm too :)
Post a Comment