Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Baby's Ultrasound

We went into the hospital where I work to see if Amanda, one of the ultrasound techs, could catch a 3D image of the baby. We were there about three weeks ago and he was not cooperating so she invited us to come back another time. This time he was in a much better position but because he was bigger and because of his position there was not much fluid around his face. The fluid around the face allows them to get a better image. In addition, he couldn't keep his hands away from his face and wouldn't stop sucking his hands. She tried several times to get a good picture and we were able to get two that shows his lips, one eye, a chin, and a cheek. It was amazing to see technology at work. The images have a lot of distortion because his face was up against the placenta. I guess Amanda takes the image and then tries to cut away layers to reveal the face. The placenta was so close to his face that she couldn't get a complete picture. She also got a normal ultrasound with his profile and one with him yawning.
While I wasn't looking Angie saw him stick out his tongue to lick his hand. We had the kids with us and I think they were excited to see him as well. We had a fun time and we really appreciate
Amanda taking time to do this.

6 comments:

Karen said...

My newest grandson!!! He looks like he's a Haynie. Yes, technology is amazing, isn't it? He looks like he's just waiting to get the OK to come out but even he has to be patient for another 6 weeks. I hope it's a fast 6 weeks for Angie's sake. Thanks for sharing!!!

The Grant Family said...

Amazing!!!

wuxiheather said...

That is so precious! I wish we had awesome connections like that because otherwise it costs an arm and a leg! That is really neat! I'm jealous! :)

The Ferry Bunch said...

Angie!! I guess I haven't been keeping up with your blog...I didn't even know you were expecting. Exciting. Another cute addition to add. Congrats

Joe and Amy said...

that's amazing what they can do now! what a cute baby!

Karly said...

Congratulations. I hope that you are feeling well and getting ready for the big day!