Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blake....and the other kids

Blake has started taking an interest in books (mostly books with baby faces) so sweet Gavin took one with us in the car so he could read it to him.  


Blake has officially started eating solids.  Our pediatrician told me that he could have bites of our food so to go ahead and give him anything as long as it's not honey.  Things have changed since Gavin was a baby 4 (almost 5) years ago.  You used to not be able to give them them milk, eggs, peanut butter and such.  So he's been getting bites of spaghetti sauce, ice cream and other things.  So I thought since he likes it we better get him started eating baby food.   


Our monsterous garden has been producing and producing.  We have had melons coming out of our ears!  We need to figure out when better to pick them because many have been rotten before we eat them.   This watermelon was great though!


One day Tom picked a ton from the garden.  Those tomatoes went to the fire station for their dinner and made a roasted tomato pasta sauce.  The bowl of jalapenos made many jalapeno poppers (here and at the fire station) and I blanched and froze the rest to use throughout the year.  The bowl of potatoes went to the fire station and we still have some.  The zuchinni made some part in our dinner and some bread.  Zuchinni is the only thing that hasn't been producing well.  We've had some but not as much as normal.  


Gavin has been enjoying preschool.  His preschool teacher is amazing!  She does the cutest projects and send home the cutest funnest stuff.  Here is Gavin with his Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.


Preschool does make Gavin a bit more tired though.  If he comes and sits by me and plays with my hair I know he's tired.  Playing with my hair makes him fall asleep.  It's pretty much the only physical affection he wants and it's not really physical. 




F'real shakes at Maverik were on sale for 89 cents one day.  I know what you're thinking-- shakes from a gas station?!  They were actually really good and made a cheap treat.  Try one sometime. 


Oh look!  Carter is reading a Garfield book!


Blake enjoyed sucking on a green bean.


The elementary school had a PTA movie night fundraiser.  We sat outside the school and watched "Monsters University" ....and froze.  I should have taken more pictures but we only got one of cute Blake dressed all warm and cozy.  


This picture was taken in the dark on my phone (hence the blurriness) but it's a rare moment when Blake will snuggle so I have to document it.  Luckily Abbi asked to leave early and we were all so cold everyone was very willing to go home.  


Tom likes to play and sometime Blake does not.  But he's still so cute even when mad.
  

Carter is always asking to hold Blake.  Blake isn't much into being held by little kids since he likes to sit up on your lap and wiggle around.  But we humor Carter sometimes. 


For FHE we had old fashioned ice cream sodas.  Of course the squirting whip cream on top was everyone's favorite part.    


Blake loves to eat mum mum crackers.  They're made of rice, potatoes, salt and sugar and basically dissolve in his mouth.  He loves holding onto them and gnawing on them.  


Gavin learned about apples in preschool and was thrilled to come home with a little apple pie just for him to eat.  


He also came home with some snazzy apple glasses and wanted to wear them to play at the park.  


Tom took Blake and Molly on a walk.  The baby bjorn made it's first debut for the occasion.  




Oh look!  We went to the library and Carter checked out more Garfield books.  He got them from the shelf and then just sat in a chair reading while the rest of the kids looked for books. The library has not run out of Garfield books to read yet.  


On Saturday Zac was lucky enough to get to go to the BYU football game with his cousins and uncles.  I watched it on TV and Blake watched with me for a bit.  


Molly is enjoying the rest of the warm weather outside a lot.  Well and I'm sick of finding puddles and piles from her on the floor.  We do let her in but we just have to watch her and it still happens.  Unlike Gavin and Blake Molly does love cuddling.  


On the 21st Blake turned 6 months.  I really don't know where the time has gone and I know it's only going to keep going fast.  



 I have been busy playing with the project life app on my phone.  It is amazing, easy and so much fun!  Plus I can scrapbook anywhere and it takes no time at all. It's so easy it doesn't even feel like scrapbooking.  I made this page for Blake.  I think this is the first scrapbook page I have made since Zac and Zac only has a few done.  


Zac wanted to let Blake play the piano with him.  It was his first time and he wasn't quite sure how to pound on it.  I'm sure he'll figure it out in time.  


I went to our storage unit and got the exersaucer for Blake.  So far he loves it.  


I've been interested in a new method of baby feeding called Baby Led Weaning.  The basic concept of it is you only feed your baby food they can eat on their own.  It's interesting and makes a lot of sense in many ways.  I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on the idea but I think I'll let Blake try it a bit.  Here he is eating a banana.  I cut a bit of the peel off of the top and he just gnawed on it.  He gets really excited if I hand him something to eat on his own.  


Gavin just loves Blake (as well as everyone else) but he especially loves his hair.  Gavin is always running his fingers through Blake's hair.  This morning Gavin paused to let me take this cute picture of them together in their jammies.  


And here's Blake's tooth.  It's popping through more and more each day.  


No comments: