Friday, March 7, 2008

Abbi's Birthday!


Birthdays around here are big events. Well, my kids like to think so. It's the day they talk about all year. Abbi turned 4 this year and we had a little party with some friends over. She wanted a castle cake so we just made it a castle party. We had a princess one last year so I decided a castle one would be simpler and we wouldn't be repeating. We built castles with sugar cubes, played pin the door on the castle, played with balloons, and even had a pink crown pinata in the basement. And then that night we got the privilege of going to Chuck E. Cheese. It's actually not that bad and the kids love it. According to Abbi this will be her last birthday until she's 6. She's not turning 5 because that requires shots to go to kindergarten and she's not doing that (so she says).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynette said...

Abbi is such a beautiful girl! I felt bad I never saw the cake you made so I'm glad you posted a picture of it here. The party was such a blast for my kids- thanks again.

bknmkalhyland said...

Abbi looks adorable in her wig. The cake looks Awsome! Macey and Annie are looking foward to thei birthdays!

Anonymous said...

This cake reminds me of witch cookies, Mayflower cookies, and various face cakes. Who knew those talents would come in handy later in life? Looks like you still got it.
Solveig

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darla said...

Thanks for the party! Tanner really enjoyed it, and couldn't stop talking about all of the fun stuff that you did! Abbi is georgeous!

Joe and Amy said...

She looks so cute! I can't believe how much they are growing! Great job on the cake. You have always been so creative.

I just received your email about the change, obviously, since I am here. Thanks! I tried to come a day or so ago on the old site, and I got an arrow that said it didn't exist. I was confused.

I will forward that to Kory!

I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, but a girl I met down in southern CA when we were there with Joe's company meetings, know Jennifer Ferry. She mentioned she lived in Rancho Cucamunga (sp) so I thought I take a long shot and ask. I think they might be in the same ward and she mentioned that Jennifer's husband works for her dad's company. Is it a grain company of some kind???? I can't remember. Anyway, they were doing a shower for someone together that week. I thought it was funny. Such a small world.