Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Think twice before you pick your baby up
Last Thursday I picked up Carter out of his crib. Just a normal everyday thing to do you'd think? Well, I happened to be holding laundry in one arm and tried to pick him up with the other arm (multi-tasking right?). That's when I felt my lower back do this weird thing and bend in just like a straw collapsing inside of me. Instant pain. I knelt down and put Carter on the floor. I tried to get up and walk out the pain but it didn't seem to be working. But I was doing such a simple thing of picking up my 21 pound baby out of his crib that it couldn't be anything that wouldn't just work it self out. Well, long story short I ended up in bed that day not able to walk and barely able to move. It was more pain than I've felt even after giving birth to a baby. Luckily I have a strong husband who could carry me and be my nurse and care taker of my children. (Ask him about that) And luckily I have wonderful neighbors and friends that brought me meals as I was bedridden. The doctor gave me pain pills that helped (in higher doses than I liked) and I saw a physical therapist that put it back into place (I hope). I was in bed all weekend but I'm walking now and only on ibuprofen but just be careful when you pick up your own baby (or whatever it is you pick up).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ouch! i hope it heals up okay. that's scary!
I am so so sorry. Silly you for trying to pick up your baby!!! hee hee. Get better.
WOW!! I hope you are okay. I can't imagine all that and 3 kids at the same time. BE CAREFUL!!
Post a Comment