Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

*Tom and I went to Brian Regan (a comedian) on Saturday.  It was hilarious and very entertaining.  It wasn't our normal dinner and a movie date so it was nice to do something different.  Afterwards we went to a little Thai restaurant and it was delicious.  We love yellow curry and we tried massaman curry for the first time and it was pretty good too.

*One of my favorite things about Gavin lately is that he's started to sing.  Just at random moments during the day-- in the car, at the store, around the house, he'll start singing.  He usually sings "EIEI-O" but he'll also sing "I Love to See the Temple" and "I am a Child of God".  If you sing with him he really knows most the words and it's so sweet to hear.  All my kids have started singing at this age and it is so sweet.

*Carter has started bringing home books from preschool.  I love discovering that my kids can read.  Just like Zac and Abbi at his age, Carter seems so young to be reading but he really loves that he can read too.  He's always been my child who loves books so I hope this starts a life long love of reading.
 
 *Carter's favorite of the week is that he discovered that netflix has an episode of Curious George in which Curious George goes bowling.  Well, I think Curious George bowls in his backyard and makes bowling pins out of ice and bowls with a snowball.  Perfect for Carter since he's always making things into bowling pins- blocks, sippy cups, little people.  It's Carter's new favorite show and episode.

*One night after dinner Zac and Abbi were bored and Abbi came up with the idea that she would like to do a job to earn money.  I always have a hard time thinking up a job they can do (I don't know why since there are so many things that can be done) but it came to me that they could dust the blinds, one of my least favorite jobs.  They were so excited to do it and so excited to earn the money.  I paid them 50 cents per small blind and $1 per big one.  They earned more money than I thought and cleaned almost all the blinds in the house.  Great idea for everyone & money well spent on my part!

No comments: