I've been a horrible blogger as of lately (well, or ever) and as I've thought about it I really want to be a good blogger for one reason-- to keep a good record of my family. As my kids grow up I realize how fast time really does pass and how much I want it to slow down. So, I've tried just updating our family when things happen but that doesn't really work for me. So instead I'm going to try to post once a week doing Friday Favorites. All my favorite things that happened during the week. As I read the First Presidency Message by President Monson for this month it made me think that focusing on our favorites might help with being positive too. President Monson said, "For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude." So this is me doing my part to choose a positive attitude, which isn't always my strength. So here we go:
* We are currently strep throat free at our house (knock on wood). For the past month we had strep 9 times, some of us having it 2 times and it was horrible, miserable and just plain yucky. I know we aren't out of the woods yet but I hope it's over. (knock on wood again)
* The kids & I rang in the new year (Tom was working of course) at home doing nothing. I had strep and had billions of primary things to do. Gavin did go to bed around 9 but the rest of them stayed up until midnight playing wii, computer and watching TV. Although I did find Zac asleep on the couch at midnight but if you ask him about it he'll fight you and tell you he did stay up until midnight. Carter on the other hand could have stayed up for hours more.
* I survived the craziest primary Sunday of the year-- even with strep. I felt miserable but had to go because... well I had too many responsibilities to miss. Sunbeams cried, kids got used to their new teachers and all in all it wasn't bad.
* My birthday was this week. Just when everyone wants to be done celebrating my birthday comes along. Yeah, I don't like having a birthday the first week of January but I can't help it. I celebrated by eating out every meal with some of my favorite people. Breakfast with my little family, lunch with my friend ( & old college roommate) Lynette and dinner with my parents and Tom. My parents were even good sports about eating sushi (my favorite).
* The way Gavin talks is my favorite right now. I love the "just making sentences" talking. It is so sweet. Earlier this week we had an appointment to be to and I had just got Gavin to walk out the door when he stopped, turned around and said in his sweet little voice "forgot something". He proceeded to walk back in the house, look around, found a little bag and started filling it with little toys. I told him we needed to go right now but he just kept saying "forgot something" and filled his bag. When he was done he was ready to go. I told him I usually would be upset because we had to go but it was just too sweet to be upset about. I often tell him I wish I could bottle his sweetness so it could last forever.
* Zac & Abbi have been off track all week. Being off track is nice not to have to get them out the door so early in the morning but being off track isn't nice because they don't have many kids to play with. They would be content watching TV all day but that can't happen. With the nice weather I've forced them outside a few times. Only one more week though.
* The weather is crazy nice and I'm almost not liking it since I'd just rather it be cold and snow now, not in April and May.
* Zac got Jazz tickets from his Jr. Jazz team. Tom was scheduled to work but luckily uncle Kurt came to the rescue to take him. Lucky for Zac he even gets to sleep over and Abbi was invited to hang out with aunt Alanna and sleep over too.



2 comments:
What a great goal for the year! I hope you find it helps to focus on the positive things happening in your family. That's a great reminder for all of us! And I'm glad you're strep-free for the moment!
I like that.. and you will be glad to have your blog to look back on. Thats what keeps me pluggin' along. I also love sushi too.. except its not Nicks favorite too, so my bday I get a pass to eat it Yum! Hope you had great holidays and your bday!!
Post a Comment