Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The cousins came!

We had a nice Sunday walk this week.  Everyone but Zac came.  Gavin rode his bike.  He hardly ever rides his bike because he says it's too hard for him.  He's just not used to it.  So it was a slow walk but he's getting better on it.  


And then the cousins came!  Every Sunday we used to go to dinner at my parent's house.  So with them gone to Mongolia Sundays are really boring around here.  Especially for the kids.  But we all still get together on Fast Sundays.  This Fast Sunday it was our turn and everyone came to our house.  My kids couldn't wait for it!  The tramp was very used that day.  Our net had broken on the tramp so I had made sure to sew it back together and put it back up before everyone came.  My sewing job didn't work too well.  It broke again very quickly (not too surprising with 16 or so kids on the tramp).  So I'm going to have to sew it again.  This time more meticulously.  


It's all fun and games 'til someone gets hurt though.  Abbi bit her bottom lip pretty good.  Lots of blood and tears.  Once again a result of 16 kids on a tramp.  


The little girls enjoyed the kitchen.  I'm always glad when some girls toys get some good use :)


Haylee enjoyed the sweet new baby Sloan.  Blake is a little less popular because of Sloan.  That's okay though.


Gavin got some good tickling from uncle Chad.  


Blake enjoyed Tom's shirt.  Blake loves to look at Tom's shirt and the emblems on them.  It was a great Sunday and everyone can't wait until next Fast Sunday.  Every Sunday we have the same conversation about why we are staying home and why can't we go somewhere for dinner.  



Abbi lost a tooth this week.  She waited to pull it out completely until she went to school.  You know, because they give out those cute tooth necklaces in the office.  


Blake went to his 4 month check up.  His face looks like such a little man in this picture.  He weighed 15 pounds 10 ounces (40th percentile) and 25 1/2 inches (50th percentile). His head size is off the charts, like all our babies.  We're always relieved when our kids are average.  He really is chunking up (I call him chunky for a nickname and used to call him skinny).  His thighs are plumping into thunder thighs.  I'm sure it will continue until he starts crawling & eating food and then he'll struggle to gain weight like all my babies.  So we'll keep let the chunking up continue.  


Gavin is always glad when we get the superhero room at the doctor's office.  I'm sure Blake will appreciate it one day. 


Gavin finally earned his "lion" for his castle from his sticker chart.  Gavin still struggles to be completely potty trained, like all our boys have (and we have another boy to potty train-ugh!)  I have tried every reward method I can think of.  I've rewarded him with little treats, boxes of tic tacs, sticker charts and this time we bought this lion that we put on the fridge for him to yearn for.  He really wanted it to go with his castle because his cousin Noah has it to with his castle.  It took him months to get.  Yup, nothing works.  I think I give up on the rewards and just give up.  He won't poop his pants forever right?


We've had some crazy rain storms lately.  One day it was coming down hard at the time Abbi and Carter would be walking home.  So I went to pick them up.  When I got there the rain all but stopped (of course).  Notice the big pool of water in the park behind them.  



Gavin's love of superheroes continues.  Lucky for him Costco is carrying superhero jackets.  He wanted all of them but decided on the batman one.  They even have built in masks!
At the end of the week we had 2 cousins, McKay and Lia come for a few days while their parents and brother and sister went to Youth conference.  I should have taken more pictures but only took some when I took Abbi and Lia out on Friday night.  We went to Charmin Charlies and the girls loved looking at all the purses and accessories (since the clothes don't fit them).  We had a fun time.  





It was great to have McKay and Lia over and gave Zac something to do (since he hasn't started school yet).  They boys jumped on the tramp, played ipods and just hung out.  

Abbi went horseback riding with her friend Kayla for Kayla's birthday.  Kayla's mom is one of my best friends and college roommate Lynette (or Netti).  Netti sent me these pictures from their ride.  Netti said the girls were quite scared at first (the tram ride was especially scary to Abbi) but they ended up having a fun time and Abbi only told me happy things it all.  



To end the week Tom took Zac and Abbi to the Real soccer game.  Chad and his boys had tickets too and Chad sent me this picture.  They had a great time and Real won!



No comments: