Monday, August 11, 2014

The party's over!

We have a longer summer than most around here- 6 weeks instead of 3.  By the end of 6 weeks we (or maybe mostly I) am ready to go back to school.  One nice thing about school this year is it didn't start the day after Pioneer day.  Usually we have been out late the night before and have to get the kids up and out the door when we're all tired.  Luckily the weekend helped with that.   We had to have our traditional pancakes that morning (although no one really wanted pancakes for breakfast that day).  


Our school has back to school morning the first day of school so we all headed out to that.  A new school was built nearby taking a lot of students (splitting our ward in half) and a lot of teachers (although they just changed the boundaries so there are still tons of students).  Carter has a teacher that's been there for years but Abbi has a new teacher.  They both have really enjoyed their teachers.  Abbi comes home telling me all the fun things about her young cute teacher.  So, so far so good.  (Notice Carter has his headed tilted down as he smiles- makes his smile look better remember?)

 Zac headed to swimming lessons at the rec center.  Well, stroke lessons.  He was the oldest in his class and did really well.  It was good for him to practice his freestyle stroke and breathing.  After going to the private swimming lessons with the other kids it really was eye opening to how much better the private lessons were.  More expensive too of course.  I'm not sure we're going to have time to take more stroke lessons for him this summer.  He really does love the water.  Always has.  

 We had to put Carter's "cool" sunglasses on Blake one night.  So funny.  He just looked around with them on.  He uses his hands a lot now but still hasn't picked up on how to remove things from his face and such.  He's so cute.  I could just eat him up.  

 I gave Blake a bath and had to play with his hair. 

Every time I give him a bath I always think about the first time he took a bath.  
 Isn't he so little and so funny?  He's was screaming so much he turned beet red and his blond hair shined!  He really has grown so much!

 We had to go see sweet little Sloan again to deliver the blanket my mom had made for her before she left.  This picture looks so much like a little Scott/Melissa baby.  That's probably because she is!

After our visit we went to Costco, hurried home to put the food away then ran to the Draper Library.  They were have a teen class that Zac really wanted to go to.  It really was sort of a pain to run to but ended up being great.  Zac went to the class and Gavin, Blake and I had an hour to kill at the library.  We found some books for Gavin (superhero ones of course) and some magazines for me and then we found a quite corner.  I fed Blake while Gavin read/looked at his books then I read my magazines.  

Blake enjoyed grabbing the pages of the magazine. 

The quiet there was so nice.  We don't have much quiet in our lives so it was really refreshing.  I could spend some more time there.  Zac made some "weapons of mass destruction".  Don't worry.  It was just a crossbow, a catapult and... something else.  

He even got a free toy ball and brought one to Gavin.  It's nice to see some brotherly love sometimes.  


Abbi has been dying to change Blake's diaper.  (I'm not quite sure why and I'm really not quite sure why I haven't let her before this.)  So one day she decided to just do it on the floor without telling me.  I might have to let her do that more often.  


And if you didn't know, Gavin is obsessed with hair.  Mostly my hair but Blake has a nice head of hair on him too.  It comes in mighty handy when I don't want him playing with my hair (which is a lot more lately).  Good thing Blake doesn't mind it too much....yet.  

No comments: