Well, all the sudden he's growing up. He had to give his first report at school during his last week. They had to choose an animal and he chose a king snake because he saw another poster of a cool looking snake in the hall at school. I was amazed at how interested he was in it. His Grandpa Haynie read him the book about king snakes one night and he remembered and understood so much of it. We made a poster and he had had to fill out a paper about the king snake then read it to his class at school. I tried to talk him out of the batman costume since it didn't really fit what they were supposed to wear but in the end I decided that it didn't really matter and he could be what he wanted. And he told me, "Mrs. Foster said we could wear whatever we want!"
Then that weekend he lost his first tooth. Those of you with children might understand that this day has been long awaited for. He's been telling me for years that he has a loose tooth. Just the week before I was telling him that he just may not loose a tooth until he's 7 and that's okay. So when he actually had a loose tooth I didn't believe him. It didn't stay loose for long though and Tom accidentally helped him pull it out while we were at a family reunion. Luckily Zac didn't mind all the blood and stuff because it was so exciting to lose a tooth.
2 comments:
I didn't remember all the blood that comes with losing a tooth. When Whitney lost her first tooth it was quite the shock for both of us. And it seems like they are wiggly forever.
I am having such a hard time thinking that Whitney is going into first grade. People always say they grow up fast, but I never really understood until now.
There is only ONE Zac! I have evidence of Batman swinging on my swing set in 90+ degree heat so he is a very loyal Batman. I'm so glad that we were with him at most of these momentous events. I wouldn't miss them for anything. His big days are some of my big days! I love him so much but what grandmother wouldn't?
Post a Comment